CME's Top Things to Know
CME Answers your most frequently asked questions
The CME Team has listened to guests very important questions about Colorado Mountain Express. In an effort to address most of the commonly asked questions, we compiled this list.
Below, you will find some fun facts as well as detailed information about your trip. We hope that this information will help make your experience with CME a memorable one.
- Colorado Mountain Express serves Vail, Minturn, Avon, Beaver Creek, Edwards, Eagle, Aspen, Snowmass Village, El Jebel, Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Silverthorne, Dillon and Frisco.
- Colorado Mountain Express has been in operation since 1983 and has over 270 vehicles including 10 passenger vans, four-wheel drive SUVs and 12 passenger Mercedes Sprinter vans.
Colorado Mountain Express offers three different ground transportation services.
- Door to Door shared ride shuttle service (you share a van with other passengers)
- Point to Point shared ride shuttle service (you share a van with other passengers). This is a discounted service that picks up and drops off at a central location. Point to point locations are in Frisco (FTC), Vail (VTC), Eagle (Kum and Go), Glenwood Springs (Ramada Inn) and Snowmass (Brush Creek Lot at Hwy 82)
- Private Car Service (you get picked up in either a five passenger 4-wheel drive SUV or a Sprinter van)
Charter van service (same vans as the shared ride shuttle but it will only have your group in there).
- Tip: CME charter van service is a great option for parties of 6 or more who are looking for a cost effective way to get to their destination. Check out all of our rates to compare.
- Tip: CME offers additional discounts for parties of 3 or more traveling together on our shared ride shuttle (door-to-door) service. Great Rates - Entire party must travel together same date, same shuttle to/from same locations.
- Tip: Be sure to join our loyalty program and earn free trips with CME Priority Club. Join Now
For budget conscientious travelers and Colorado mountain locals, Colorado Mountain Express offers CME Point-to-Point. Unlike door-to-door shuttle service where we will drop you off at your hotel or condo, with CME Point-to-Point, we pick you up at Denver International Airport and bring you to one specific location in the area you are visiting. And it's about 30% less expensive than our door-to-door service.
- Point-to-Point Locations in Summit County: (Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper mountains): Frisco Transportation Center
- Vail and Beaver Creek: Vail Transportation Center
Aspen/Snowmass: Park and Ride at Brush Creek Park & 82, Eagle: Kum & Go gas station just off I-70
- Tip: Some hotels run shuttles to and from the point-to-point drop off areas. Check with your hotel to make sure. Also, local bus service is available and stops at most locations. For Summit County, visit Summit Stage. Vail Valley visitors check out ECO Transit (Vail and Beaver Creek both offer free in-resort transportation), and for Aspen/Snowmass/Glenwood Springs visit RFTA.
- Denver International Airport recommends that all passengers arrive at the airport 90 minutes prior to departure. CME complies with that timeline. During Holidays, DIA recommends arriving at least 2 hours prior to departure time.
- Anyone under the age of 16 traveling on CME must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older.
- Each passenger can have up to 3 pieces of luggage for free. There is a $50 charge for oversized items - skis and snowboards are NOT oversized items.
- Pets are not allowed on shared ride services.
- Pets are allowed on CME Premier private vehicles
- CME's airport counter at DIA is across from the HERTZ counter in the Airport Terminal.